Monday, July 16, 2007

Waste of a Friday

What ever you do on a Friday, don't end up wasting it at Axis on U street. I had a strange feeling about the place that has now been open for the last 6 months and yet at 9 pm on Friday it was mostly empty. My friend and I ordered the Calamari that was served with a strange pink sauce. The Calamari was chewy, the serving staff was unfriendly and I felt like I was not at Axis but Antarctic. Upon requesting the waitress to turn the Fans down , we were told , oh the regulator is broken if we switch one off, they all need to be turned of... well how about fixing that?
The chicken sandwich my friend ordered definitely made me think that subway was a better option!

Axis Bar & Grill
1340 U street, Washington DC 20009


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo. Gotta disagree, Punjabi.

A) Finally a bar in DC that isn't ridiculously crowded on a Friday night. That's a good thing for would-be patrons, maybe not the owners.

B) Their beer selection, one of the key reasons to visit one bar vs. another, is excellent featuring a lot of American craft brews from across the Western States. Also, very reasonably priced.

C) Admittedly the food I ordered was not as high brow as calamari (fries and chicken wings), but they were good and well made. It's bar food.

My advice, give Axis another try and take a couple of your guy friends that like good beer. You'll have a totally different perspective.

PunjabiSushi said...

Hmm... thanks for the comment. Will put it on my list for a re-visit :-)