Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Never Lets Me Down

A friend was visiting from New York and wanted to meet for dinner. Hmm, where can I take some one who is visiting from the Mecca of food? A co-worker suggested Tabbard Inn. A good suggestion, since it fits right into my plan of frequenting places I can walk to.

Since we did not make reservations, we could not get seated outdoors, instead got a seat where I had to face a wall. The fun and cosy atmosphere made up for that as did the appetizer, scallop ceviche. Juicy tender scallops marinated in coconut milk with a mild hint of lemon grass. I ordered the duck cooked medium rare that came with a fruit sauce and was delectable. My friend ordered the crab cakes with bacon succotash, which was just as yummy if not better. Having stuffed ourselves with the food we had no room for dessert, though the home made ice creams certainly looked tempting.
Average entree $21 and up

Tabard Inn

1739 N Street, NW
DC 20036

No comments: