Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Irish Nachos... huh?

A post work happy hour in Cleveland park had us reach for the closest watering hole by the Uptown theater ( where people were camping in a line for tickets for the new Harry Potter movie- who are these people?) . The menu had me bewildered. When did the Irish start to make Nachos? Was I reading a menu or "The Onion"? I was tempted to seek an explanation and then the chatter and music had me distracted, until our petite waitress came by to take our order. My co-worker was braver and decided to order Irish Nachos, which turned out to be waffle cut fires, with everything on top like regular nachos. I would say, definitely worth trying once. We also tried the smoked salmon with Irish soda bread, which was a little too salty for my taste.
As for the atmosphere is definitely authentic. The large display with sports and the quaint music throw you off.

Ireland's Four Green Field
3412 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008

No comments: